Mailing List Archive

thinq is down again
--

Izzy Goldstein

Chief Technology Officer

Main: (212) 477-1000 x 2085 <(212)%20477-1000>

Direct: (929) 477-2085

Website: www.telego.com <http://www.telego.net/>

<http://www.telego.com/>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have
received this e-mail in error please notify us immediately by email reply
and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or
distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any
views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of TeleGo (T). Employees of TeleGo
are expressly required not to make defamatory statements and not to
infringe or authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal
right by email communications. Any such communication is contrary to TeleGo
policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned.
TeleGo will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and
the employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other
liability arising.

TeleGo Hosted PBX <https://youtu.be/DaT8YAZ4V0w>
Re: thinq is down again [ In reply to ]
Our ThinQ trunks are working.

Re: thinq is down again [ In reply to ]
Correspondence from ThinQ:

Service Alert
3/19/20
Started: 11:00AM EDT
Updated: 11:40AM EDT
Toll-Free Least Cost Routing (LCR)
Domestic LCR
International LCR

We're experiencing an intermittent service issue affecting call
termination, causing partners to experience call setup issues or dropped
calls. Our engineers are on top of the issue and actively restoring
stability. To receive updates file a ticket via support@thinq.com.
Partners with DNS SRV/A Record redundancy were restored to service within
a few minutes. We're truly sorry for the impact this has had on your
business, and any stress and frustration it has caused you personally. We
hope that our transparency shows our commitment to you and all of our
partners. Thank you.

Re: thinq is down again [ In reply to ]
I was disappointed with the email I got about the outage a few days ago:

"coronavirus caused increased demand with messages and short call
announcements that flooded our network"

"mitigation was hampered because workforce was preparing to work remotely"

"We have taken immediate steps" (yet here we are 3 days later)

"Our team has worked through the night to ensure that our technical
processes have been shored up." (missed something?)

Status monitor says no issues, and if there was one, hides past issues.
https://www.thinq.com/status-monitor

The email sent to assure me that Thinq took steps to mitigate this issue going
forward does not assure me given it is having issues again.

It really burns my knickers when companies lack Ownership AND repeat failures
in the same week.

Beckman

PS -- I wrote this email just to use "burns my knickers" in a sentence. Social
Distancing is making me weirder.