--
John Sage
FinchHaven Digital Photography
Email: jsage at finchhaven.com
Web: http://www.finchhaven.com/
No AT&T 3G-based internet metro Seattle WA? [ In reply to ]
Seen this off and on in Michigan. Edge works in these cases.

Jared Mauch

No AT&T 3G-based internet metro Seattle WA? [ In reply to ]
On 10-07-02 08:35 AM, Andy Ringsmuth wrote:
> I'm not in Seattle, but I'm curious if it does it when you turn off 3G. (General/Network/Enable 3G)

Yeah. Again this is all based upon my iPhone 3G S, iOS 4.0

When I switch over to WiFi (which is thus Comcast HSI) everything works
normally: Ping, Nice Trace and Net Status, plus any user-space app

Just tried 3G again right now (9:20 am PDT) and ping by IP works
although is slow (450ms), ping by host name works and is "faster" at 270ms.

Traceroute to google.com now works under 3G with the first hop being
172.26.236.2; a second try to an OpenDNS name server is showing 2-3%
packet loss to first hop 172.26.236.2

- John
Email: jsage at finchhaven.com
Web: http://www.finchhaven.com/