Cheers,
-- jra

--
Jay R. Ashworth Baylink jra at baylink.com
Designer The Things I Think RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates http://baylink.pitas.com '87 e24
St Petersburg FL USA http://photo.imageinc.us +1 727 647 1274

Start a man a fire, and he'll be warm all night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
RIM MXs down? [ In reply to ]
I sent one from my Gmail account via the app and it showed up in my
att.blackberry.net mailbox.

On 5/16/10, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> Is it my turn to notice Blackberry email not coming in? iPhones
> notwithstanding,
> I still have 3 or 4 blackberries to which I forward mail, and I have
> slightly
> over 200 messages bouncing off them.
>
> Only one or two other messages deferring outbound, so I don't think it's me.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra
>
> --
> Jay R. Ashworth Baylink
> jra at baylink.com
> Designer The Things I Think RFC
> 2100
> Ashworth & Associates http://baylink.pitas.com '87
> e24
> St Petersburg FL USA http://photo.imageinc.us +1 727 647
> 1274
>
> Start a man a fire, and he'll be warm all night.
> Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

?Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to
continue that counts.?
--- Winston Churchill
RIM MXs down? [ In reply to ]
----- "Josh Luthman" <josh at imaginenetworksllc.com> wrote:
> On 5/16/10, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> > Is it my turn to notice Blackberry email not coming in? iPhones
> > notwithstanding,
> > I still have 3 or 4 blackberries to which I forward mail, and I have
> > slightly over 200 messages bouncing off them.
> >
> > Only one or two other messages deferring outbound, so I don't think
> > it's me.

Well, I just did a telnet test:

[root at benjamin ~]# telnet mx03.bis.na.blackberry.com 25
Trying 216.9.248.34...
Connected to mx03.bis.na.blackberry.com (216.9.248.34).
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

No discernable delay on close. So apparently at least *some* Blackberry
incoming MXs are broke. Improperly thinking I'm on a blacklist, and dropping
the connection without telling me why is a valid value for "broke".

Is there a format back-end contact for RIM for such problems, anyone?

Cheers,
-- jra

RIM MXs down? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:08 AM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> No discernable delay on close. So apparently at least *some* Blackberry
> incoming MXs are broke. Improperly thinking I'm on a blacklist, and
> dropping
> the connection without telling me why is a valid value for "broke".

Yet it does seem that's the kind of "broke" that is occurring. I'm seeing
a 100% success rate in connecting from a datacenter IP, and 100% failure
rate (with the same symptoms you've described) from a cable modem IP.

I believe the RIM BIS front-end boxes are IronPorts, so checking your IP's
SenderBase score would be a good place to start (http://senderbase.org)

Scott.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
RIM MXs down? [ In reply to ]
----- "Scott Howard" <scott at doc.net.au> wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:08 AM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com>
> wrote:
> > No discernable delay on close. So apparently at least *some* Blackberry
> > incoming MXs are broke. Improperly thinking I'm on a blacklist, and
> > dropping the connection without telling me why is a valid value for "broke".
>
> Yet it does seem that's the kind of "broke" that is occurring. I'm
> seeing a 100% success rate in connecting from a datacenter IP, and 100%
> failure rate (with the same symptoms you've described) from a cable modem IP.
>
> I believe the RIM BIS front-end boxes are IronPorts, so checking your
> IP's SenderBase score would be a good place to start
> (http://senderbase.org)

I thought I'd folo'd to the list on this, but I don't see it.

I was on CBL for some reason; no other lists. I don't see any daemon spam
coming out through my firewall, but, for some reason, I wasn't dropping it.

I am now.

Problem solved, and I've added another useful lookup tool to the outages.org
dashboard; MXtools, who were nice enough to tweet about it, so, more eyeballs.

Cheers,
-- jra

RIM MXs down? [ In reply to ]
I just got flooded with 11, no telling how long they've been holding...