Mailing List Archive

Fwd: embarq in minnesota
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com>
To: "Dylan Ebner" <dylan.ebner at crlmed.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2009 11:00:22 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [outages] embarq in minnesota

----- "Dylan Ebner" <dylan.ebner at crlmed.com> wrote:
> A tip to all outages.org members. Do you want your connections to
> come back up immediatly? Send a sarcastic outage report to outages.org
> chastising your provider and like magic, your connection will come
> back up.

well, I dunno; that's what I was trying to do with my Nextel posting the
other day, and it's *STILL* down up here; on top of which my partner has a
CDMA QChat nextel phone and DC doesn't roam for him... *and* while my SMS
to the states works fine, all of *his* SMSs in both directions are delayed
over half an hour; I've already missed at least one good Worldcon event
because for all we pay them every month, they've left us *no* working way
to communicate with one another in real time.

I'm probably flying home via Lenexa; I really feel the need to get in a suit's
face about this; we are *not* paying for this month.

Cheers,
-- jra

Jay R. Ashworth Baylink jra at baylink.com
Designer The Things I Think RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates http://baylink.pitas.com '87 e24
St Petersburg FL USA http://photo.imageinc.us +1 727 647 1274

Start a man a fire, and he'll be warm all night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.