ICBM Targeting Information:
http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs
http://tinyurl.com/7tp8ml
Google [ In reply to ]
Larry Sheldon wrote:
> Is it just me, or is google broken--every blog on their stuff gives a
> "we are sorry--spurious request"
not only you
*Google*
Sorry...

We're sorry...

... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To
protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

See Google Help
<http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86640> for more
information.

? 2009 Google - Google Home <http://www.google.com>
Google [ In reply to ]
Actually, I'm seeing the same thing. What's strange, is I'm not even
hitting google-related sites (as far as I can tell, perhaps they have
some API on their backend).

http://pacscilife.blogspot.com/

From one AS i get the sorry page, from another I'm able to surf fine.
Doesn't seem to be impacting direct connections to google.com, just
clicking out of Gmail, for example.

Anyone else seeing this, and what symptoms?

- DL

Google [ In reply to ]
No problems seen coming from AS209 in minneapolis,mn.

Actually, I'm seeing the same thing. What's strange, is I'm not even hitting google-related sites (as far as I can tell, perhaps they have some API on their backend).

http://pacscilife.blogspot.com/

From one AS i get the sorry page, from another I'm able to surf fine.

Google [ In reply to ]
That blog displays fine here (AS 7024)

They may be blocking depending upon where they are getting attacked from.
Since we aren't a huge consumer network we may not have any bots hitting
them.

-bill

Pixelgate Networks

Google [ In reply to ]
We have received that message when performing Google searches before. A quick way to make it go away is to change the NAT/PAT address you use for your workstations.

I would be interested in seeing what others find has caused this. The few time it happened at work, I could not find any root cause.

dl wrote:
> Actually, I'm seeing the same thing. What's strange, is I'm not even
> hitting google-related sites (as far as I can tell, perhaps they have
> some API on their backend).
>
> http://pacscilife.blogspot.com/
>
> >From one AS i get the sorry page, from another I'm able to surf fine.
> Doesn't seem to be impacting direct connections to google.com, just
> clicking out of Gmail, for example.
>
> Anyone else seeing this, and what symptoms?
>
> - DL
>
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 12:04, Larry Sheldon<LarrySheldon at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Is it just me, or is google broken--every blog on their stuff gives a "we
>> are sorry--spurious request"
>> --
>> Requiescas in pace o email Two identifying characteristics
>> of System Administrators:
>> Ex turpi causa non oritur actio Infallibility, and the ability to
>> learn from their mistakes.
>> Eppure si rinfresca
>>
>> ICBM Targeting Information:
>> http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs
>> http://tinyurl.com/7tp8ml

(Sent via BlackBerry)
Google [ In reply to ]
If you ask Google (via the URL provided) they will eventually get back to
you with a time range when they saw the traffic that they detected as
"unusual"/automated.

Getting back on topic a little, the below blog URL was returning the error
here but is now working fine so I suspect they have fixed the problem for
some users at least.

Scott.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Chris Burwell <cburwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have received that message when performing Google searches before. A
> quick way to make it go away is to change the NAT/PAT address you use for
> your workstations.
>
> I would be interested in seeing what others find has caused this. The few
> time it happened at work, I could not find any root cause.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Google [ In reply to ]
No issues seen from Los Angeles (AS 701).

regards,
/virendra

Google [ In reply to ]
Blogs under DOS attack again?

All return

"Google
Sorry...
We're sorry...

... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To
protect our users, we can't process your request right now.
See Google Help for more information."

Again.

Google [ In reply to ]
Larry Sheldon wrote:
> Blogs under DOS attack again?

Looks like it [was] cleared quickly this time.
Google [ In reply to ]
Appears to be sporadic (again); Blogspot URLs are loading OK from here
via AS4323. Was last week's outage a DDoS, or just server goofiness at
Big G?

-s

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:11:24 -0500