a temporary thing, or has another old useful resource disappeared?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>
inet-access mailing list? [ In reply to ]
http://inet-access.net/pipermail/list/

November 2008 appears to be the last post?

inet-access mailing list? [ In reply to ]
On May 5, 2009, at 6:37 PM, Chris Adams wrote:

> I tried to send something to the good old inet-access mailing list
> (@inet-acces.net) and the server (duct.tape.net) has been rejecting
> SMTP
> connections for at least a day and a half. Does anybody know if
> this is
> a temporary thing, or has another old useful resource disappeared?

It is down, "but coming back" according to Avi.

He didn't give an ETA.

--
TTFN,
patrick
inet-access mailing list? [ In reply to ]
Chris Adams wrote:
> I tried to send something to the good old inet-access mailing list
> (@inet-acces.net) and the server (duct.tape.net) has been rejecting SMTP
> connections for at least a day and a half. Does anybody know if this is
> a temporary thing, or has another old useful resource disappeared?

Dunno the answer to your question, but SPAM-L just signed off, NANOG is
a hostile wasteland.

Maybe the time to sign off email has arrived.
--
Requiescas in pace o email Two identifying characteristics
of System Administrators:

ICBM Targeting Information:
http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs
http://tinyurl.com/7tp8ml
inet-access mailing list? [ In reply to ]
I've hosted something called inet-ops at puck.nether.net which rarely if
ever gets used. Do not know if it would be of value to anyone. The
list is there either way.

- Jared

inet-access mailing list? [ In reply to ]
Larry Sheldon wrote:
> Chris Adams wrote:
>> I tried to send something to the good old inet-access mailing list
>> (@inet-acces.net) and the server (duct.tape.net) has been rejecting SMTP
>> connections for at least a day and a half. Does anybody know if this is
>> a temporary thing, or has another old useful resource disappeared?
>
> Dunno the answer to your question, but SPAM-L just signed off, NANOG is
> a hostile wasteland.
>
> Maybe the time to sign off email has arrived.

Damn shame SPAM-L is about to be shut down. Seems the archives are going
away too and my personal store only goes back to March 2005. Lots of
usefulness in there in spite of the reasons specified for its demise.
It's also a shame that everything is offtopic on NANOG. The last thing I
got from inet-access was Nov. 15, 2008.

What exactly is left? Does anyone know? Not really interested in web
forums. Are there any worthwhile groups on usenet that aren't a spam
magnet? Maybe it's time to fire up an NNTP server.

~Seth
inet-access mailing list? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 04:35:20PM -0700, Seth Mattinen wrote:
[...]
> What exactly is left? Does anyone know? Not really interested in web
> forums. Are there any worthwhile groups on usenet that aren't a spam
> magnet? Maybe it's time to fire up an NNTP server.

It's *always* time to fire up an NNTP server if a web forum is
the alternative.
inet-access mailing list? [ In reply to ]
Once upon a time, John Osmon <josmon at rigozsaurus.com> said:
> It's *always* time to fire up an NNTP server if a web forum is
> the alternative.

<aol>me too!</aol> Have trn and INN, will readnews and postnews!

Anyway, thanks to Patrick for checking with Avi. I sent email to Avi
last night (since that's the address on the whois), but I doubt my name
is recognized like Patrick's. :-)
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>
inet-access mailing list? [ In reply to ]
On May 5, 2009, at 9:43 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, John Osmon <josmon at rigozsaurus.com> said:
>> It's *always* time to fire up an NNTP server if a web forum is
>> the alternative.
>
> <aol>me too!</aol> Have trn and INN, will readnews and postnews!
>
> Anyway, thanks to Patrick for checking with Avi. I sent email to Avi
> last night (since that's the address on the whois), but I doubt my
> name
> is recognized like Patrick's. :-)

I cheated, he is crashing at my place tonight so I didn't have to deal
with e-mail.

He says new listserve is in testing, should be in production in 3 days.

--
TTFN,
patrick