Mailing List Archive

List comment
We can keep this list usable if used sparingly.
We don't need everyone's traceroute.
Hardly useful for others anyway unless they're your roommate.
Post your outage. Move on with your day.
Leave the traceroutes for off list interchange.
List comment [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:44:22 EDT, Christian Blair said:

> We don't need everyone's traceroute.
> Hardly useful for others anyway unless they're your roommate.

Actually, you have that backwards.

If somebody posts a traceroute from a vastly different network location,
that tells you something. In the thread that you're apparently commenting
on, Jay Hennigan posted a traceroute that *worked* when going via Level3,
which tells us that lightlink.com is in fact up-and-running, and the routing
issue is probably Cogent-specific.