Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:24:24 -0500
From: Joe Abley <jabley@ca.afilias.info>
To: NANOG list <nanog at nanog.org>
Subject: Power Fun at 151 Front Street, Toronto

Hi all,

Today is Diesel Day at 151 Front Street, where the building owner shuts down
all grid power to allow intrusive power maintenance to happen, and the building
is fed by generator power only.

At least one suite on the 6th floor has been affected by a generator failure,
so far.

Just thought I'd pass on the news, in case there's anybody here who is
scratching their heads about equipment or sessions down in Toronto which seem
to have no rational cause. Most ISPs in the building (and the TorIX) have
engineers on-site; if you have equipment located there which needs some TLC and
you have no immediate/regular access to remote hands, let me know off-list and
I'll try to put you in touch with someone who has appropriate access: I'm not
on-site, but I have phone numbers for people who are.

Joe