Mailing List Archive

Fwd: Stange issue on 100 Gbs interconnection Juniper - Cisco
Dear experts
we have a couple of BGP peers over a 100 Gbs interconnection between
Juniper (MX10003) and Cisco (Nexus N9K-C9364C) in two different datacenters
like this:

DC1
MX1 -- bgp -- NEXUS1
MX2 -- bgp -- NEXUS2

DC2
MX3 -- bgp -- NEXUS3
MX4 -- bgp -- NEXUS4

The issue we see is that sporadically (ie every 1 to 3 days) we notice BGP
flaps only in DC1 on both interconnections (not at the same time), there is
still no traffic since once noticed the flaps we have blocked deploy on
production.

We've already changed SPF (we moved the ones from DC2 to DC1 and viceversa)
and cables on both the interconnetion at DC1 without any solution.

SFP we use in both DCs:

Juniper - QSFP-100G-SR4-T2
Cisco - QSFP-100G-SR4

over MPO cable OM4.

Distance is DC1 70 mt and DC2 80 mt, hence is less where we see the issue.

Any idea or suggestion what to check or to do ?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
James
Re: Fwd: Stange issue on 100 Gbs interconnection Juniper - Cisco [ In reply to ]
On 2/11/24 12:10, james list via juniper-nsp wrote:

> Dear experts
> we have a couple of BGP peers over a 100 Gbs interconnection between
> Juniper (MX10003) and Cisco (Nexus N9K-C9364C) in two different datacenters
> like this:
>
> DC1
> MX1 -- bgp -- NEXUS1
> MX2 -- bgp -- NEXUS2
>
> DC2
> MX3 -- bgp -- NEXUS3
> MX4 -- bgp -- NEXUS4
>
> The issue we see is that sporadically (ie every 1 to 3 days) we notice BGP
> flaps only in DC1 on both interconnections (not at the same time), there is
> still no traffic since once noticed the flaps we have blocked deploy on
> production.
>
> We've already changed SPF (we moved the ones from DC2 to DC1 and viceversa)
> and cables on both the interconnetion at DC1 without any solution.
>
> SFP we use in both DCs:
>
> Juniper - QSFP-100G-SR4-T2
> Cisco - QSFP-100G-SR4
>
> over MPO cable OM4.
>
> Distance is DC1 70 mt and DC2 80 mt, hence is less where we see the issue.
>
> Any idea or suggestion what to check or to do ?

You don't say if these are eBGP or iBGP sessions. But assuming the
latter, do the logs show a corresponding IGP outage?

Mark.