ICMP from SRX accross policy vpn tunnel
Wondering how to get ping to work directly from SRX across ipsec policy
tunnels.

Have no issues dong it with route based tunnels, simply using lo0 with
tunneled subnet address and default-address-selection option, but can't
make it work with policy tunnels.

Long term goal is to get vpn-monitor option to work.

Thanks in advance for all your feedback !
Re: ICMP from SRX accross policy vpn tunnel [ In reply to ]
Alternative solution. Keep doing route based tunnels, but use traffic
selectors. I use it to have the remote end doing policy based ipsec (old
cisco cpe as an example) while keeping the SRX as a route (st interface)
based ipsec implementation.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/security-traffic-selectors-in-route-based-vpns.html

On Thu, 9 May 2019 at 06:19, Lenny Shovsky <sho@wirewalk.com> wrote:

> Wondering how to get ping to work directly from SRX across ipsec policy
> tunnels.
>
> Have no issues dong it with route based tunnels, simply using lo0 with
> tunneled subnet address and default-address-selection option, but can't
> make it work with policy tunnels.
>
> Long term goal is to get vpn-monitor option to work.
>
> Thanks in advance for all your feedback !

Craig Askings

io Networks

ion consulting Pty Ltd.

mobile: 0404 019365