Matt

--
Matt Lessins
Wayne State University
Network Engineer
(313) 577-2176 : Phone
(313) 577-5577 : FAX
m_lessins@wayne.edu
Connecting Juniper LX to Cisco 6500 LX over short distance [ In reply to ]
Hi Matt,

Yes we have, we connect our M40 with LH interfaces to Foundry and
Extreme equipment, with modular Cisco LX Gbics. Keep a few attenuators
handy just to be on the safe side, since they're only just inside the
budget, but we haven't had any problems sofar, and we've been running
stably for months now.

Cheers,

Erik

--
---
Erik Haagsman
Connecting Juniper LX to Cisco 6500 LX over short distance [ In reply to ]
No, but we done a lot of Cisco LX to LX over the sort of distances you refer
to, without ever having a problem. Looking at the specs of a Juniper GE-LX
PIC would suggest no differently, both have a maximum launch powre of -3dBm
and receiver saturation of -3dBM, meaning that even if you had zero
attenuation across the span you should have no problems.

Cheers Rod

Connecting Juniper LX to Cisco 6500 LX over short distance [ In reply to ]
Hi,

i can confirm, too, that Juniper LH to Cisco LX/LH works mostly fine. In
some cases we had to use 10db attenuators because we had alot input
errors on the Cisco side.

Speaking of the LH, does anyone have a Juniper LH to Juniper LX running?
Wonder if it'll do.

Regards,
Jonas