helpfull.

Thank you for your help,

Best Regards,
attenuator [ In reply to ]
LOM,

On Tuesday, 30 December 2003, LOM wrote:
> We have a Nortel Passport 7480 with STM1 single mode ATM interfaces,
>
> We will have 2 M7i Juniper in a very short time also they will have OC3
> Single Mode ATM2 interfaces,

From http://www.juniper.net/products/ip_infrastructure/modules/100045.html

SMIR optical interface
* Connector: SC duplex connector
* Length: maximum distance 9.3 miles / 15 km
* Wavelength: 1,260 to 1,360 nm
* Average Launch Power: -15 to -8 dBm
* Receiver Saturation: -8 dBm
* Receiver Sensitivity: -28 dBm

> We want to connect 7480 with M7i , as I didn't make a connection like before
> that I want to ask if we should use attenuator
>
> between two interfaces. In single mode interfaces with 1-2 meter fiber
> patch do we need attenuator ?

You need to find these specs for the Nortel Passport also and check if the
max launch power (-8 dBm for Juniper) stays within the receiver specs of the
other side (-28 / -8 dBm for Juniper).

-- Niels
attenuator [ In reply to ]
LOM,
It depends which Passport card you have. The 3-port ATM SM card has a mean
transmission power of -15 to -8 dBm, and the 2-port ATM IP SM card does -5
to 0 dBm. The cards have a max receive power equal to their max transmit
power.

For the first card you should be ok with no attenuation at either end (but
you might still want to make sure each card receives ~3dBm below
saturation), for the second card you will need to put a 10 dB attenuator on
the Passport transmit.

If you have any more questions on the Passport side please reply off-line.

Regards,

Aleks

On Tuesday, 30 December 2003, LOM wrote:
> We have a Nortel Passport 7480 with STM1 single mode ATM interfaces,
>
> We will have 2 M7i Juniper in a very short time also they will have
> OC3 Single Mode ATM2 interfaces,

From
>http://www.juniper.net/products/ip_infrastructure/modules/100045.html

SMIR optical interface
* Connector: SC duplex connector
* Length: maximum distance 9.3 miles / 15 km
* Wavelength: 1,260 to 1,360 nm
* Average Launch Power: -15 to -8 dBm
* Receiver Saturation: -8 dBm
* Receiver Sensitivity: -28 dBm

> We want to connect 7480 with M7i , as I didn't make a connection like
> before that I want to ask if we should use attenuator
>
> between two interfaces. In single mode interfaces with 1-2 meter fiber
> patch do we need attenuator ?

You need to find these specs for the Nortel Passport also and check if the
max launch power (-8 dBm for Juniper) stays within the receiver specs of the
other side (-28 / -8 dBm for Juniper).

-- Niels
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
attenuator [ In reply to ]
Hello Everyone!

Firstly I'd like to wish everyone on this list a very Happy new year 2004! :)

End goal: To have a working Junoscript/XML web based looking glass with logical-router support.

Quote from the Juniper docs....

"The router has only one configuration file, which contains configuration information for the physical router and all associated
logical routers.
Master users can access the full configuration. However, logical router users can access only the portion of the configuration
related to their particular logical router."

I'm currently running 3 logical routers on 1 particular M5.

I'm interested in setting up a read-only user for each logical-router who only has access to the logical-router I want them to have
access to so commands run by that user will be automatically applied to the logical router for that user.

I cant see a way to create a so called "logical router user". Does anyone know how it's done?

Can I run a command like "set cli logical-router lr0" automatically on login ? This may do the trick I think.

Basically I'm using the free junoscript looking glass example from junoscript-perl-5.5R1.2-export.tar.gz
Most of the commands work if it's not a logical-router, also there is no ping/traceroute and it doesnt know anything about rip.

I'm wondering, is there a better, more complete, more upto date version available freely which supports a few more commands?

Also, are there any websites with any more free junoscript examples?

Any help/comments would be most appreciated :)

Kind Regards

Panny Malialis
Hotlinks Internet Services