from A - C due to the unidirectional state of the lsp, the return icmp
traffic from C-A would use the IGP ?

2) I have 2 bi-directional lsps to the same destination, if I'm runnig cspf,
what metric adjustment would I need to make to prefer one path over another.
I'm assuming I would adjust the LSP metric and not the IGP ?

Thanks in advance.

Rolo !

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
a few basic mpls questions [ In reply to ]
> Hi all,

> 1) Assuming I had created a single LSP from Routers A to C, if I sent a ping
> from A - C due to the unidirectional state of the lsp, the return icmp
> traffic from C-A would use the IGP ?

correct. it would take whatever best paths it finds in the
inet table

> 2) I have 2 bi-directional lsps to the same destination, if I'm runnig cspf,
> what metric adjustment would I need to make to prefer one path over another.
> I'm assuming I would adjust the LSP metric and not the IGP ?

the metric of the rsvp LSP will take the igp metric per
default so if the paths to the same destination have
different paths you may get a different metric for the
two LSP's as well. In case both LSP's have the same metric
you can set the metric on the labelswitch-path as well.