same.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras@e-gerbil.net> http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras
SFM-CF vs non-CF [ In reply to ]
The M160 always shipped with IPII, also known as the CF chip. The C if the
internal name for the Internet Processing ASIC. The "F" does indicate
filtering capability.

A show chassis hardware should confirm IP III.

SFM-CF vs non-CF [ In reply to ]
> What exactly is the difference between the SFM's labeled "-CF" and plain
> SFM's?

there should be no difference and usually CF are internal
names. we use the term Internet Processor 2 version 1 or
version 2 which is the CF and yes F stands for Filter and the
Internet Processor IP1 was the first one we shipped. The C is
just the Alphabet. With the show chassis hardware all would be
clear.

SFM-CF vs non-CF [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 05:54:18PM +0100, Josef Buchsteiner wrote:

> Friday, November 14, 2003, 5:37:00 PM, you wrote:
> > What exactly is the difference between the SFM's labeled "-CF" and plain
> > SFM's?
>
> there should be no difference and usually CF are internal
> names. we use the term Internet Processor 2 version 1 or
> version 2 which is the CF and yes F stands for Filter and the
> Internet Processor IP1 was the first one we shipped. The C is
> just the Alphabet. With the show chassis hardware all would be
> clear.

Hrmmm.

In a show chassis sfm detail, both the CF and non-CF show:

Total CPU DRAM 64 MB
Total SSRAM 8 MB
Internet Processor II Version 1, Foundry IBM, Part number 9

In a show chassis hardware, they show:

SFM 0 SPP REV 07 710-001228 xxxxxx
SFM 0 SPR REV 05 710-002189 xxxxxx Internet Processor IIv1
SFM 1 SPP REV 07 710-001228 xxxxxx
SFM 1 SPR REV 05 710-002189 xxxxxx Internet Processor IIv1
SFM 2 SPP REV 07 710-001228 xxxxxx
SFM 2 SPR REV 04 710-002189 xxxxxx Internet Processor IIv1
SFM 3 SPP REV 07 710-001228 xxxxxx
SFM 3 SPR REV 05 710-002189 xxxxxx Internet Processor IIv1

0 and 1 are CF, 2 and 3 are non-CF. Same part numbers, one has a lower
revision on the SPR but the other non-CF has the same revision as the
rest.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras@e-gerbil.net> http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras
SFM-CF vs non-CF [ In reply to ]
Richard,
all 4 SFM's are the same type. So there is no single
difference at all apart form the Label. I remember we
were trying to remove any indication to
internal's which is just confusing like it did for
you.

SFM-CF vs non-CF [ In reply to ]
All internet processor II chips are considered CF. There are two version of
the IP II. I believe the latter is an enhanced IP II, which is normally
associated with an Enhanced system board. The version 2 has more memory and
a faster clock rate.