Hi everybody.. how do you guys read the following table..

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos60/feature-guide-60/html/fg-channelized-qpp2.html#1031725

where it says maximum per pic for STM-1 128... but then nxDS0.. 310..
pardon my ignorance but 310 is the max number of groups of DS0s right? and
128 is the maximum number of interfaces per PIC? so in reality.. you can
only have 128 nxDS0s right?

Thanks

Daniel
QPP PIC STM-1 channel capacity [ In reply to ]
Hi Daniel,

The table in the attached document is a bit confusing. I will request tech-pubs to make proper corrections and
make it more clear.
Please understand the limitations in this way:

This is per port basis of STM-1 QPP PIC:

Total number of interfaces (ifds) per port in JUNOS 5.7 = 168
Total number of interfaces (ifds) per port in JUNOS 6.0 = 336

Max E1's = 63 , per STM-1

-> I am explaning the distribution of 336 interfaces of STM1-QPP in JUNOS 6.0:

NxDS-0 = 256, If the "N" in NxDS-0 is 8 or less (if you select number of time-slots 8 or less for a channel
group)

If the "N" in NxDS-0 is 9 or more, you can make max of 336 interfaces including NxDS-0 and E1's.

In order to reach the max possible number of 336 interfaces per port of STM1-QPP PIC, you are free to make
partitions of E1's in any manner.
The limitation of NxDS-0 = 256 comes, when you try to make all NxDS-0 interfaces with time slots 8 or less.

n[NxDS-0] + m[Remaining E1's] = 336 (max.)

Thanks,
KK Verma

PS: In JUNOS 5.7 we had limitations of 128 NxDS-0, which has been improved in JUNOS 6.0 as explained above

QPP PIC STM-1 channel capacity [ In reply to ]

Thanks that make sense now..