From: Wim Degezelle <wdegezelle@drmv.be>
Date: Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 4:01 PM
Subject: [Bp_ixps] IXPs & IPv6
To: bp_ixps@intgovforum.org
Cc: Izumi Okutani <izumi@nic.ad.jp>

Hi All,

The Best Practice Forum on IPv6 is looking at the IPv6 deployment by
companies and organisations, and wants to include a paragraph on IXPs.

This should be a general statement on the IPv6 readiness of IXPs in the
world, and briefly discuss motivation and challenges.

I found a Euro-IX statement
<http://www.netnod.se/sites/default/files/Euro-IX_IPv6_press.pdf> from June
2011 that announced that all Euro-IX members are IPv6 ready and enabled.

Does anyone knows of recent updates or statements on the IPv6-readines of
IXPs?

FYI the BPF IPv6 draft is available on google docs ( link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z60lBcIk7U3LAFEK9V7dIQ11OWFx71zqmMAcs9uv1Hg/edit?usp=sharing>
).

Thanks
Wim
_________________________

*Wim Degezelle*
*Consultant IGF BPF IPv6*
*Consultant IGF BPF on IXPs*

Re: Fwd: [Bp_ixps] IXPs & IPv6 [ In reply to ]
> Does anyone knows of recent updates or statements on the IPv6-readines
> of IXPs?

Other than that IPv6 readiness has been a complete non-issue for years
in the IXP community, I can't think of anything new to add to the
euro-ix statement since 2011.

Nick
Re: Fwd: [Bp_ixps] IXPs & IPv6 [ In reply to ]
Thanks Nick. Sad to hear, but hopefully we can change that.

Best,
-Michael

Re: Fwd: [Bp_ixps] IXPs & IPv6 [ In reply to ]
Michael Oghia wrote:
> Thanks Nick. Sad to hear, but hopefully we can change that.

you're misunderstanding completely! It means that ipv6 is considered to
be of the same importance as ipv4 in the ixp world from the point of
view of passing production traffic over the ixp fabric. As far as the
IXP world is concerned, this is an excellent situation to be in.

Nick
Re: Fwd: [Bp_ixps] IXPs & IPv6 [ In reply to ]
Yes! Sorry about that Nick. Rob already clarified.

-Michael

Re: Fwd: [Bp_ixps] IXPs & IPv6 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 04:28:48PM +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> Michael Oghia wrote:
> > Thanks Nick. Sad to hear, but hopefully we can change that.
>
> you're misunderstanding completely! It means that ipv6 is considered to
> be of the same importance as ipv4 in the ixp world from the point of
> view of passing production traffic over the ixp fabric. As far as the
> IXP world is concerned, this is an excellent situation to be in.

yeah the project is finished :)