Mailing List Archive

CPE Residential IPv6 Security Poll
Hi all.

In light of a new discussion blossoming in Norway, we are curious about the IPv6 security policy different ISP’s has adopted. So it would be very helpful if you could do a quick response, either here or directly to me, on the following question:

Which security policy are you using for you residential IPv6 enabled CPE’s? (RFC6092, fully open, balanced or other)

Why did you adopt this policy?

Any good or not so good experience with the choice?

All answers are very much appreciated, and I will post the results here after a week or so. Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Ragnar Anfinsen

Chief Architect CPE
IP Address Architect
Infrastructure
Technology
Altibox AS

E-mail: ragnar.anfinsen@altibox.no
www.altibox.no<http://www.altibox.no/>

[cid:image001.png@01D21282.A1DD77A0]
[cid:image002.png@01D21282.A1DD77A0] <http://facebook.altibox.no/> [cid:image003.png@01D21282.A1DD77A0] <http://twitter.altibox.no/>
CONFIDENTIAL
The content of this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in error, be aware that forwarding it, copying it, or in any way disclosing its content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail immediately, deleting this message and destruct all received documents.
Re: CPE Residential IPv6 Security Poll [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 12:32:27 +0000, Anfinsen, Ragnar wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> In light of a new discussion blossoming in Norway, we are curious
> about the IPv6 security policy different ISP’s has adopted. So it
> would be very helpful if you could do a quick response, either here
> or
> directly to me, on the following question:
>
> Which security policy are you using for you residential IPv6 enabled
> CPE’s? (RFC6092, fully open, balanced or other)
>
> Why did you adopt this policy?
>
> Any good or not so good experience with the choice?
>
> All answers are very much appreciated, and I will post the results
> here after a week or so. Thank you very much.

Not really for residential, but business/governmental related. We just
added IPv6 addresses to the IPv4 rule object and went on as before.
I guess none of the users know they are using IPv6 around 75-80% of
the time internal, or 20-30% on their external traffic either:-)

---

Roger Jorgensen | - ROJO9-RIPE
roger@jorgensen.no | - The Future is IPv6