_______________________ (reason)

All responses greatly appreciated,

--Jim
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
> Interested in what you're using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
Hard to answer your question. You are not giving a lot of context for
your inquiry, but here goes:
A) Using Sendmail from OpenBSD.

groet,
Pim

--
Pim van Pelt <pim@ipng.nl>
PBVP1-RIPE - http://www.ipng.nl/
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
Hoi,

And for completeness ...

>> Interested in what you're using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
> Hard to answer your question. You are not giving a lot of context for
> your inquiry, but here goes:
> A) Using Sendmail from OpenBSD.
B) Using gmail from Google.

by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id h44si6155624eew.143.2014.02.13.12.23.35
for <pim+ipv6@ipng.nl>
(version=TLSv1 cipher=RC4-SHA bits=128/128);
Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:23:35 -0800 (PST)

--
Pim van Pelt <pim@ipng.nl>
PBVP1-RIPE - http://www.ipng.nl/
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
On 13/02/2014 20:23, James Small wrote:
> Interested in what you’re using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:

Using Sendmail from FreeBSD.

Thanks,

Daniel.
RE: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
C) Because our current vendor does not support it and anti-spam is seen as
mandatory within the business.

/JF
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
A) Using Postfix from RedHat (CentOS)

--
Chris Stone
AxisInternet, Inc.
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
On 2/13/2014 2:23 PM, James Small wrote:

> Interested in what you're using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
>
> A) Using ________ (product) from __________ (vendor)
>
> B) Using ________ (service provider or "cloud solution")
>
> C) Elected not to implement SMTP over IPv6 at this time because
> _______________________ (reason)
>
> All responses greatly appreciated,
>
> --Jim

A) Using Surgemail from NetWin(http://www.netwinsite.com)
I helped beta test their product as they implemented IPv6 in their
code.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
On 13 Feb 2014, at 20:23, James Small <jim.small@mail.com> wrote:

> Interested in what you’re using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
> A) Using ________ (product) from __________ (vendor)
> B) Using ________ (service provider or “cloud solution”)
> C) Elected not to implement SMTP over IPv6 at this time because _______________________ (reason)

sendmail, for 10+ years.

tim
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
As a private person (eric@vyncke.org), Postfix on Ubuntu w/o spam filter
hence receiving a few spam...

Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
Postfix + Spamassassin
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
Postfix 2.9.5 on FreeBSD

best

Enno

--
Enno Rey

ERNW GmbH - Carl-Bosch-Str. 4 - 69115 Heidelberg - www.ernw.de
Tel. +49 6221 480390 - Fax 6221 419008 - Cell +49 173 6745902

Handelsregister Mannheim: HRB 337135
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Enno Rey

Blog: www.insinuator.net || Conference: www.troopers.de
Twitter: @Enno_Insinuator
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 03:23:21PM -0500, James Small wrote:
> Interested in what you're using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
>
> A) Using _sendmail_(product) from __________ (vendor)

> A) Using _postfix__(product) from __________ (vendor)

> A) Using _ironport_(product) from _Cisco____ (vendor)

(private, work#1, work#2)

"it just works", and except for the ironport bits, since 10+ years.

Gert Doering
-- NetMaster

SpaceNet AG Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444 USt-IdNr.: DE813185279
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
On 13. feb. 2014 21:23, James Small wrote:
> Interested in what you’re using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
>
> A) Using ________ (product) from __________ (vendor)
>
> B) Using ________ (service provider or “cloud solution”)
>
> C) Elected not to implement SMTP over IPv6 at this time because
> _______________________ (reason)

A) Using Postfix from _______ vendor

A) Using Postfix from _______ vendor

(work, private)

--
André Tomt
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
On 2014-02-13 at 15:23 -0500, James Small wrote:
> Interested in what you're using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
>
> A) Using ________ (product) from __________ (vendor)

Exim, from The Exim Maintainers; I'm one, and the mail between exim.org
and my own mail box routinely goes over IPv6.

To send, as a submission client, mutt, which works with IPv6, and I've
set up Thunderbird in years past, it just worked. (I know this, because
I used GSSAPI for auth, so the hostname was set IPv6-only because I only
have enough IPs for per-service matching forward-reverse DNS, with
service-based names, if I use IPv6).

> B) Using ________ (service provider or "cloud solution")

Gmail, to/from, works fine.

-Phil
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
On 14/02/2014 06:23, James Small wrote:

> Interested in what you're using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
>
> A) Using ________ (product) from __________ (vendor)

postfix from source on slackware
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
Interested in what you’re using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:

A) Using Postfix + OpenBSD

--------------------------------
Солдатов Валерий, ЗАО Бэст Телеком.
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 03:23:21PM -0500, James Small wrote:
> Interested in what you're using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
>
> A) Using ________ (product) from __________ (vendor)

three systems where I'm (partially) responsible

1. A) Using postfix from NetBSD

2. partially A) (clients to sub-dept. server) , using Postfix from NetBSD
(big dept. server not IPv6-enabled, because infrastructure not on v6 yet)

3. was A using postfix from Gentoo for some years; machine moved to a
location where IPv6 is promised really soon now.

Regards,
-is
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
A) Using Postfix from Ubuntu.

Cheers,
Raoul
--
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc. | E-Mail. raoul@bhatia.at
Software Development and | Web. http://raoul.bhatia.at/
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
On 13-2-2014 21:23, James Small wrote:
> Interested in what you’re using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
>
> A) Using ________ (product) from __________ (vendor)
>
> B) Using ________ (service provider or “cloud solution”)
>
> C) Elected not to implement SMTP over IPv6 at this time because
> _______________________ (reason)

edge servers running Debian + sendmail + milter-greylist (with
optimistic whitelisting[1]) + spamassassin + mimedefang

Internal Exchange 2010 + OWA over IPv6

Kind regards,

Seth

[1] http://mailtoaster.coltex.nl/spam/mxhostcheck.php
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
> On 13 Feb 2014, at 20:23, James Small <jim.small@mail.com
> <mailto:jim.small@mail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Interested in what you’re using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
>>
>> A) Using ________ (product) from __________ (vendor)
>>
>> B) Using ________ (service provider or “cloud solution”)
>>
>> C) Elected not to implement SMTP over IPv6 at this time because
>> _______________________ (reason)

A. postfix (with Amavis/SpamAssassin)
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
"James Small" <jim.small@mail.com> writes:

> Interested in what you're using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:

Wouldn't it be simpler and more precise to just inspect a few headers
from your list archive?

Anyway, as you could have found from the received fields of this email:

A) Using Exim from Debian
A) Using Sendmail from Debian

Bjørn
RE: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
A) postfix on Solaris

In the user environment we introduced later Exchange 2010 (on Windows, what
a surprise ;-).

But we have v4 hubs in between as neither our "great IPv6 supporting" firewall
with content AV scanning nor commercial "AV/SPAM" filtering appliances / SW
products (at least not the ones we aimed for at that time) did support IPv6
years ago ... we tried to get some vendors moving or tried to participate in
their beta programs, but gave up after a while (at the end our IT is pretty
small and as our big mother didn't uses IPv6 internally at all, we had not the
power to push harder).
Since then nothing changed the basic setup beside the usual updates (or left
alone as it is) ... even though at least one of the deployed appliances boxes
finally does support IPv6 since one+ (or even more) years).

Markus

--
FVD-RIPE // KPN Eurorings B.V., Darmstädter Landstr. 184, D-60598 Frankfurt
Amtsgericht Frankfurt HRB56874, Geschäftsführer Jacobus Snijder & Bouke Hoving
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
Key 70EF9882: DEC2 C685 1ED4 C95A 145F 4300 6F64 7B00 70EF 9882

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014, James Small wrote:

> Interested in what you?re using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
>
> A) Using ________ (product) from __________ (vendor)

We are using postfix/exim from various Linux/*BSD distribution.
Re: Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage [ In reply to ]
"James Small" <jim.small@mail.com> writes:

> Interested in what you’re using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
>
> A) Using ________ (product) from __________ (vendor)

postfix on Debian

Jens
| Foelderichstr. 40 | 13595 Berlin, Germany | +49-151-18721264 |
| http://blog.quux.de | jabber: jenslink@jabber.quux.de | --------------- |

1 2 3  View All