Mailing List Archive

MLX and uRPF for RTBH
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has used the uRPF feature on MLX to have the source
address of traffic matched to null0 routes?

My reading so far has lead me to a config like this:

reverse-path-check
urpf-exclude-default
!interface eth1/1
rpf-mode loose log

!

Example routes look like this:

device#sh ip route 2.144.0.0/24
Destination Gateway Port Cost Type
Uptime src-vrf
1 2.144.0.0/24 DIRECT drop 20/0 Be
3d1h -

My next step is the lab.

Cheers
--
Michael Gehrmann
Re: MLX and uRPF for RTBH [ In reply to ]
My own research on MLX support for uRPF made me very disappointed:

Note this from the release notes:

- If a default route is present on the router, loose mode will permit all traffic

- RPF can only be configured at the physical port level. It should not be configured on virtual interfaces on the Brocade MLX series and Brocade NetIron XMR.

o Brocade MLX series and Brocade NetIron XMR devices do not support uRPF for VE interfaces.

Also RPF is not compatible with this CAM profile: “ipv4-ipv6” I think we’re using that one.

https://tnotez.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/netironunified_05400a_configguide.pdf

Frank

Wondering if anyone has used the uRPF feature on MLX to have the source address of traffic matched to null0 routes?

My reading so far has lead me to a config like this:

reverse-path-check
urpf-exclude-default
!
interface eth1/1
rpf-mode loose log
!

Example routes look like this:

device#sh ip route 2.144.0.0/24 <http://2.144.0.0/24>

Destination Gateway Port Cost Type Uptime src-vrf

1 2.144.0.0/24 <http://2.144.0.0/24> DIRECT drop 20/0 Be 3d1h -

My next step is the lab.

Cheers

--

Michael Gehrmann
Re: MLX and uRPF for RTBH [ In reply to ]
Hi,

ipv4-ipv6-2 and multi-service-4 are supported profiles.

For my network I always lock down the individual physical ports facing
customers to strict modes, while keeping IX-ports loose and core-ports
without any.

Regards
Jörg Kost

Re: MLX and uRPF for RTBH [ In reply to ]
My gotcha is that I have a default router and I want to use it against ve's.

Frank

Re: MLX and uRPF for RTBH [ In reply to ]
Let's see how we go. Working great at the moment.

Thanks all for your feedback.

Mike