Mailing List Archive

List filtered BGP routes via SNMP
My google and SNMP-fu is failing me - how does one access, via SNMP,
filtered BGP routes, or via SNMP pull down the received route table to
compare to the installed routes?

Platform is Brocade MLXe.

Frank

Re: List filtered BGP routes via SNMP [ In reply to ]

> My google and SNMP-fu is failing me - how does one access, via SNMP,
> filtered BGP routes, or via SNMP pull down the received route table to
> compare to the installed routes?
>
> Platform is Brocade MLXe.

This is from an XMR running 5.4 but should be the same for other revs:
show ip bgp neighbor <peer_ip> received-routes

You will need soft-reconfig enabled on the peer to view filtered routes. If you don’t have it enabled already it requires a hard reset of the session. And if this is a peer sending a significant number of routes be mindful of the additional MGMT card RAM consumption.

The SNMP OID is outside my wheelhouse but Brocade has a document titled "IPMIB _Dec2013_Reference.pdf” available under the current release download section. Chapter 49 has a bunch of BGP4 MIB definitions which will probably (hopefully) point you in the correct direction. I don’t know if that MIB PDF is published for public consumption; I pulled it from the support portal.
Re: List filtered BGP routes via SNMP [ In reply to ]
I looked at an old Foundry MIB; might these work?

SnBgp4RouteOperStatusEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
snBgp4RouteOperStatusIndex
Integer32,
snBgp4RouteOperStatusIp
IpAddress,
snBgp4RouteOperStatusSubnetMask
IpAddress,
snBgp4RouteOperStatusNextHop
IpAddress,
snBgp4RouteOperStatusMetric
Integer32,
snBgp4RouteOperStatusLocalPreference
Integer32,
snBgp4RouteOperStatusWeight
Integer32,
snBgp4RouteOperStatusOrigin
INTEGER,
snBgp4RouteOperStatusStatus
Integer32,
snBgp4RouteOperStatusRouteTag
Integer32,
snBgp4RouteOperStatusCommunityList
OCTET STRING,
snBgp4RouteOperStatusAsPathList
OCTET STRING
}

Jason

Re: List filtered BGP routes via SNMP [ In reply to ]
Brad,

Thanks for the info regarding the CLI approach. That's something I'm aware of and used manually, but I'm trying to do everything via SNMP.

And thanks for that MIB document, I've downloaded and archived it. I've perused through the referenced BGP4 MIB, and while it has a "BGP4 routes operational status table", it doesn't have a table where it stores the received prefixes which would allow me to do a comparison.

Frank

Re: List filtered BGP routes via SNMP [ In reply to ]
Jason,

Thanks. The IP MIB document says that “This table is not supported on the Brocade MLXe router, Brocade NetIron XMR router, Brocade MLX router, NetIron CES, and NetIron CER devices”

Frank