I've been seeing BFD flap on a cer when rancid logs and and gets config

Thanks

http://www.mellowd.co.uk/ccie
Re: CER bfd [ In reply to ]
Found a slide which states from 5.6 onwards there is hardware assist for the cer with BFD. So with my current code it's still running in software

http://www.mellowd.co.uk/ccie

Re: CER bfd [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Software, unfortunalty. This is something I got recently from the Brocade
support when I opened a case :

"in 5.4 & 5.5 code , BFD packet processing is done entirely in SW (with no
HW assist). If the CPU is too busy, and a process is taking too much time
to perform certain tasks (such as programming many routes), BFD packet
processing can be delayed (in TX and RX directions), that then result in
BFD flap.

What has improved in 5.6

Three things have been done to alleviate this situation in 5.6.
1. HW assist has been implemented in CER for BFD packets. This means that
BFD packets are transmitted by HW.
2. CPU optimizations have been added in BGP code so as not to use CPU for
too long without yielding. This should help with flaps that were happening
during route updates.
3. Other tasks have also been optimized to reduce their impact on all
time-sensitive protocols.
"

I know, it's annoying.

HTH.