Mailing List Archive

802.1q-in-q question/verification.
Hello all. This is my first foray into 802.1q-in-q and I
want to make sure that I am doing this correctly. I have a
MLXe, version 5.5.0c running that has a client utilizing 5
fiber ports for their own routed backbone network. I
currently have them running on their own VLAN and all is good.

But they now want to change their setup and utilize their
own VLANs between locations. To prevent any customer vlan
leakage or overlapping of VLAN numbers, I'm planning to
incorporate q-in-q on their ports. After reading the docs,
it appears that all I have to do is add the following
command to the MLXe:

tag-type 9150 eth 3/11 to 3/15

Is this all I have to do? Am I missing something?

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Todd

--
Todd Adamson
tadamson@routers.com

Re: 802.1q-in-q question/verification. [ In reply to ]
Yes that is one way to do it.

I would suggesting using a Local-VPLS for this myself. That way, if you
ever need to extend out to another router/switch you would be able to do so
with the flexibility of changing tags, double tagging, etc.

Re: 802.1q-in-q question/verification. [ In reply to ]
On Friday 31 January 2014 11:36:30 Todd Adamson wrote:
> Hello all. This is my first foray into 802.1q-in-q and I
> want to make sure that I am doing this correctly. I have a
> MLXe, version 5.5.0c running that has a client utilizing 5
> fiber ports for their own routed backbone network. I
> currently have them running on their own VLAN and all is good.
>
> But they now want to change their setup and utilize their
> own VLANs between locations. To prevent any customer vlan
> leakage or overlapping of VLAN numbers, I'm planning to
> incorporate q-in-q on their ports. After reading the docs,
> it appears that all I have to do is add the following
> command to the MLXe:
>
> tag-type 9150 eth 3/11 to 3/15
>
> Is this all I have to do? Am I missing something?
>
> Any help/suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Todd

Hi, here

And yes this is all, just need change tag-type :)

make fun

Mitko