Mailing List Archive

PBB & loop prevention
Hi has anybody worked on PBB on the MLX/XMR with any loop prevention protocols?
I tried ERP, MRP, and MSTP its status says blocking, but the LP CPU is still high.
The only one that seems to work is RSTP.
I’m trying to test reconvergence with other protocols if I can get anything besides RSTP to work.

MSTP support for PBB
http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/NI_05500c_SWITCHING/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=STP.14.8.html

Configuring ERP for PBB
http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/NI_05500c_SWITCHING/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=ERP.17.15.html

For MRP there wasn’t any section that was specifically for PBB.

I setup my environment similar to the configuration example in the manual, but doesn’t seem to work.
Does anybody have any experience why ERP, MRP, and MSTP are not blocking the loops even though they say they are?

Regards,
Taka