Mailing List Archive

Problem with sntp, gmt+01 and summer-time
Hello my dear colleagues,

I'm using SW: Version 07.8.00cT53 on a bigiron 4000 and have got a problem
with gmt+01 (Germany), daylight saving time/summer-time and sntp.

Sntp has been working fine so far and the foundry did synchronize with the
sntp-server without any problems.
show sntp associations
address ref clock st when poll delay disp
*~192.53.103.103 80.84.66.0 1 315 4 0.0 0.33

I've configured the timezone to gmt+01 which is correct for Germany.
#show conf | begin clock
clock timezone gmt GMT+01
sntp server 192.53.103.103

The clock then shows 23:21 which is bad since we do have 00:21 because of
summer-time-adjustments.
#show clock
23:21:49 GMT+01 Sat Apr 02 2005

In order to fix this problem I've been trying to enable summer-time on the
foundry:
clock summer-time

The clock then shows
#show clock
01:23:48 GMT+01 Sun Apr 03 2005

Which isn't correct either because that's one hour too much.

My second try was to set timezone to gmt, configure summer-time and then to
change the timezone to gmt+1 but the result is the same.

Could anyone tell me what the correct settings are, please?

Thanks a lot,
Gunther
AW: Problem with sntp, gmt+01 and summer-time [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that this is a known BUG that has been fixed in
Version 07.8.00D.

Gunther
Problem with sntp, gmt+01 and summer-time [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 04:47:10PM +0200, Gunther Stammwitz wrote:

> Just wanted to let you know that this is a known BUG that has been fixed in
> Version 07.8.00D.

We do no see this issue in 07.7.01bT53

Our configuration:

clock summer-time
clock timezone gmt GMT+01
sntp server 62.133.192.10
sntp poll-interval 60

--
Cliff Albert <cliff at oisec.net>
AW: Problem with sntp, gmt+01 and summer-time [ In reply to ]
Hello Cliff,

Looks like you have more luck than I do?!? Here's the bugreport:
40716 - "Clock summer-time" is not working correctly. When you issue that
command,
the clock jump forward 1 hour and when you remove that command the clock
jump
backward 1 hour.

My config is (almost) the same, so this can't be the problem - maybe this
bug has been introduced in later version than your's ?

Gunther