Mailing List Archive

Server Iron Web Browser Query.
Hello.

We have 2 Server Irons sitting in front of customer web servers and
behind the firewall.
The server Iron is natting the the incoming IP so all requests to
the Web Server appear to come from the Server Iron.

The customer is looking for a profile of incoming IPs.
Is there any easy way of tracking incoming IPs to the customer Web
Site.

thank you

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Server Iron Web Browser Query. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 03:14:02PM +0100, tcunningham@eircom.ie wrote:
> Hello.
>

> We have 2 Server Irons sitting in front of customer web
> servers and behind the firewall.
> The server Iron is natting the the incoming IP so all requests
> to the Web Server appear to come from the Server Iron.
>
> The customer is looking for a profile of incoming IPs.
> Is there any easy way of tracking incoming IPs to the
> customer Web Site.

Not unless you can disable the source NAT, which in my experience
depends on your network topology.

-- Clifton

--
Clifton Royston -- cliftonr@tikitechnologies.com
Tiki Technologies Lead Programmer/Software Architect
Server Iron Web Browser Query. [ In reply to ]
Sounds to me like a job for direct server return.

Although, in a complicated setup you could log incomnig hits from the
serveriron and then have it export to syslog, then parse the syslog for the
incoming IP list.

-Brent