Mailing List Archive

STP counters
Hello,

We are having some issues with one of our uplinks between cities, it
seems that they are cutting STP packets. I would like to know if there
is similar command to that from cisco:

Edge#sh spanning-tree vlan 101 detail

VLAN0101 is executing the rstp compatible Spanning Tree protocol
Bridge Identifier has priority 4096, address 000b.4515.3065
Configured hello time 2, max age 20, forward delay 15, tranmsit
hold-count 6
We are the root of the spanning tree
Topology change flag not set, detected flag not set
Number of topology changes 1 last change occurred 01:38:56 ago
from GigabitEthernet2/16
Times: hold 1, topology change 35, notification 2
hello 2, max age 20, forward delay 15
Timers: hello 0, topology change 0, notification 0, aging 300

Port 144 (GigabitEthernet2/16) of VLAN0101 is designated forwarding
Port path cost 4, Port priority 128, Port Identifier 128.144.
Designated root has priority 4096, address 000b.4515.3065
Designated bridge has priority 4096, address 000b.4515.3065
Designated port id is 128.144, designated path cost 0
Timers: message age 0, forward delay 0, hold 0
Number of transitions to forwarding state: 1
Link type is point-to-point by default
Loop guard is enabled by default on the port
BPDU: sent 2919, received 0

Where I can find the last line "BPDU: sent 2919, received 0"?

Thanks!

--
Micha³ Margula, alchemyx@uznam.net.pl, http://alchemyx.uznam.net.pl/
"W ¿yciu piêkne s± tylko chwile" [Ryszard Riedel]
Re: STP counters [ In reply to ]
You can use the following commands:

show log counters STP.OutBPDU occurred

show log counters STP.InBPDU occurred

"clear counter" will reset these values as well.

X480-24x.38 # show log counters STP.OutBPDU occurred
Component SubComponent Condition Severity Occurred I
Ntfd
----------- ------------ ----------------------- ------------- -------- -
----
STP OutBPDU Dump Debug-Data 1 N
0
STP OutBPDU Trace Debug-Verbose 2 N
0

This will give you a hint if the STP BPDU's are sent/received.
If you want you can then decide to add these to your log filter to display
these packets/events in greater detail to your log/syslog.

Marcel

On 8/8/12 4:07 PM, "Micha³ Margula" <alchemyx@uznam.net.pl> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We are having some issues with one of our uplinks between cities, it
>seems that they are cutting STP packets. I would like to know if there
>is similar command to that from cisco:
>
>Edge#sh spanning-tree vlan 101 detail
>
> VLAN0101 is executing the rstp compatible Spanning Tree protocol
> Bridge Identifier has priority 4096, address 000b.4515.3065
> Configured hello time 2, max age 20, forward delay 15, tranmsit
>hold-count 6
> We are the root of the spanning tree
> Topology change flag not set, detected flag not set
> Number of topology changes 1 last change occurred 01:38:56 ago
> from GigabitEthernet2/16
> Times: hold 1, topology change 35, notification 2
> hello 2, max age 20, forward delay 15
> Timers: hello 0, topology change 0, notification 0, aging 300
>
> Port 144 (GigabitEthernet2/16) of VLAN0101 is designated forwarding
> Port path cost 4, Port priority 128, Port Identifier 128.144.
> Designated root has priority 4096, address 000b.4515.3065
> Designated bridge has priority 4096, address 000b.4515.3065
> Designated port id is 128.144, designated path cost 0
> Timers: message age 0, forward delay 0, hold 0
> Number of transitions to forwarding state: 1
> Link type is point-to-point by default
> Loop guard is enabled by default on the port
> BPDU: sent 2919, received 0
>
>Where I can find the last line "BPDU: sent 2919, received 0"?
>
>Thanks!
>
>--
>Micha³ Margula, alchemyx@uznam.net.pl, http://alchemyx.uznam.net.pl/
>"W ¿yciu piêkne s± tylko chwile" [Ryszard Riedel]

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential and proprietary material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed.

Re: STP counters [ In reply to ]
W dniu 09.08.2012 13:09, Marcel Lemmen pisze:

> This will give you a hint if the STP BPDU's are sent/received.
> If you want you can then decide to add these to your log filter to display
> these packets/events in greater detail to your log/syslog.
>
> Marcel

Thanks! That works :). Is it possible to see it per interface or do I
need to enable verbose logging?