Mailing List Archive

Port not present na 480-24x
Hello,

We're having trouble with one Extreme Networks X480-24x switch. Porst 25
and 26 (fixed ports, in front, where you put XFP) are having status
"Port not present" - NP. After connecting anything to them, LED on
chassis is lit, but there is no traffic passing.

PLIX2.1 # sh ports 25-26 no-refresh
Port Summary
Port Display VLAN Name Port Link Speed Duplex
# String (or # VLANs) State State Actual Actual
25 Do-SW-PLIX1 (0006) E NP
26 E NP
Port State: D-Disabled, E-Enabled
Link State: A-Active, R-Ready, NP-Port not present, L-Loopback,
D-ELSM enabled but not up
d-Ethernet OAM enabled but not up
PLIX2.2 # sh ports 25-26 config no-refresh
Port Configuration
Port Virtual Port Link Auto Speed Duplex Flow Load
Media
router State State Neg Cfg Actual Cfg Actual Cntrl Master
Pri Red
Do-SW-PL>VR-Default E NP OFF 10000 FULL
!XFP_LR
26 VR-Default E NP OFF 10000 FULL NONE
> indicates Port Display Name truncated past 8 characters
Link State: A-Active R-Ready NP- Port not present L-Loopback
Port State: D-Disabled, E-Enabled
Media: !-Unsupported Optic Module
Media Red: * - use "show port info detail" for redundant
media type

It happens after clearing out config, I tried also unconfigure stacking,
disable stacking and so on (but there is no word about stacking in
config). We are using OEM XFPs. We also have another switch, same model,
which works just fine. Swapping XFPs between them didn't change anything.

I appreciate your help,

Thanks!

--
Micha³ Margula, alchemyx@uznam.net.pl, http://alchemyx.uznam.net.pl/
"W ¿yciu piêkne s± tylko chwile" [Ryszard Riedel]
Re: Port not present na 480-24x [ In reply to ]
W dniu 29.06.2012 10:26, Michał Margula napisał(a):
> It happens after clearing out config, I tried also unconfigure
> stacking,
> disable stacking and so on (but there is no word about stacking in
> config). We are using OEM XFPs. We also have another switch, same
> model,
> which works just fine. Swapping XFPs between them didn't change
> anything.
>
> I appreciate your help,
>
> Thanks!

OK I found a solution. I had to disable stacking by disable
stacking-support. Funny thing that we have never enabled it (but it was
bought from test lab, so maybe they did) and there was no sign of that
command in config.

Also previously I have tried disable stacking and unconfigure stacking,
but only disable stacking-support solved that.

Thanks!

--
Michał Margula, alchemyx@uznam.net.pl, http://alchemyx.uznam.net.pl/
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile" [Ryszard Riedel]
Re: Port not present na 480-24x [ In reply to ]
W dniu 29.06.2012 10:26, Michał Margula pisze:
> Hello,
>
> We're having trouble with one Extreme Networks X480-24x switch. Porst 25
> and 26 (fixed ports, in front, where you put XFP) are having status
> "Port not present" - NP. After connecting anything to them, LED on
> chassis is lit, but there is no traffic passing.
>
> It happens after clearing out config, I tried also unconfigure stacking,
> disable stacking and so on (but there is no word about stacking in
> config). We are using OEM XFPs. We also have another switch, same model,
> which works just fine. Swapping XFPs between them didn't change anything.
>
> I appreciate your help,
>
> Thanks!

Any messages in log ?
Are there the same XOS on both X480 ?