Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.4 #

Regards,
Marcin
Re: DDM and SNMP [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:51:38AM +0100, Marcin Kuczera wrote:
> hello,
Hello,

> has anyone experience with getting this information via SNMP:
>
> Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.4 # show ports 2:7,1:17 transceiver information
>
> Port Temp TxPower RxPower TxBiasCurrent Voltage-Aux1/
> Voltage-Aux2
> (Celsius) (dBm) (dBm) (mA) Vcc (Volts)
> (Volts)
> 1:17 40.77 -1.71 -3.16 30.39 3.33 N/A
> 2:7 37.96 -0.69 -12.93 26.39 3.32 N/A
> N/A indicates that the parameter is not applicable
> to the optics connected to the port
>
> Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.4 #

You may take a look on latest Extreme's MIB.
http://www.extremenetworks.com/products/mibs.aspx
Though I'm not sure whether you find there proper subtree.
For instance Extreme still has no subtree for monitoring stack ports' utilization.

btw, I have no 'show ports ... transceiver' command on my stack of two X650.
What switches and XOS are you using?

--
MINO-RIPE
Re: DDM and SNMP [ In reply to ]
Alexander Shikoff wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:51:38AM +0100, Marcin Kuczera wrote:
>> hello,
> Hello,
>
>> has anyone experience with getting this information via SNMP:
>>
>> Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.4 # show ports 2:7,1:17 transceiver information
>>
>> Port Temp TxPower RxPower TxBiasCurrent Voltage-Aux1/
>> Voltage-Aux2
>> (Celsius) (dBm) (dBm) (mA) Vcc (Volts)
>> (Volts)
>> ================================================================================
>> 1:17 40.77 -1.71 -3.16 30.39 3.33 N/A
>> 2:7 37.96 -0.69 -12.93 26.39 3.32 N/A
>> ================================================================================
>> N/A indicates that the parameter is not applicable
>> to the optics connected to the port
>>
>> Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.4 #
>
> You may take a look on latest Extreme's MIB.
> http://www.extremenetworks.com/products/mibs.aspx
> Though I'm not sure whether you find there proper subtree.
> For instance Extreme still has no subtree for monitoring stack ports' utilization.
>
> btw, I have no 'show ports ... transceiver' command on my stack of two X650.
> What switches and XOS are you using?

ExtremeXOS version 12.5.4.5 v1254b5-patch1-4 by release-manager
x650-24x (first hardware release)

You need original 10G modules or some that behave as originals.
I finally found a method to make my ones looking like extreme's ;)

It DOES NOT work for 1G modules... that is difficult to understand why
they didn't implement it, it is the same API as for SFP+ modules.

Regards,
Marcin

Re: DDM and SNMP [ In reply to ]

> You need original 10G modules or some that behave as originals.
> I finally found a method to make my ones looking like extreme's ;)

anything worth sharing? consider me interested...

thanks

kind regards
Thilo
Re: DDM and SNMP [ In reply to ]
There are a couple parties that I know that provide white label XFP's and SFP+ optics and they encode them themselves.

Unless you are importing these optics yourself from china, it is probably best to purchase the optics with the correct encoding is my experience.

Regards,
Erik

Re: DDM and SNMP [ In reply to ]
Thilo Bangert wrote:
>> You need original 10G modules or some that behave as originals.
>> I finally found a method to make my ones looking like extreme's ;)
>
> anything worth sharing? consider me interested...

If you have 10G SFP+ modules + programming tool for it - I can send you
EEPROM contents that you also can modify in some areas.

The problem is, that new modules are microcontroller based and writting
to the microcontroller may be (and will be) vendor dependent.
I have such tool for modules that I buy and that are sold by xbest.pl
(company from my city, people who I know).

If you have a compatibile SFP+ module and development kit - it is
simple. If not, you can buy modules from xbest and I'll set them
properly for you before they go to you.

I don't have any tools for XFP/Xenpak modules yet...

Regards,
Marcin

Re: DDM and SNMP [ In reply to ]
>> You need original 10G modules or some that behave as originals.
>> I finally found a method to make my ones looking like extreme's ;)

And - btw, look at that:
* Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.1 # show ports 1:16 transceiver information

Port Temp TxPower RxPower TxBiasCurrent Voltage-Aux1/
Voltage-Aux2
(Celsius) (dBm) (dBm) (mA) Vcc (Volts)
(Volts)
1:16 40.29 0.56 -17.03 53.61 3.35 N/A
N/A indicates that the parameter is not applicable
to the optics connected to the port

* Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.2 #

with detail command there is also:

Rx Power (dBm) : -17.03
Low Warn Threshold : -27.96 High Warn Threshold :
-9.00
Low Alarm Threshold : -28.86 High Alarm Threshold :
-8.00

This is CWDM SFP+ module with range up to 26dB. On the sticker it sais
that 70km, but should be good in some cases for 100km ;)

Regards,
Marcin