Mailing List Archive

Rate-limit Ingress & Egress
I have a requirment of rate-limiting igress/egress traffic on a port on
Extremeware platform..(Extreme 400 ,BD-6808 & Summit-5i) .Is this possible
on this platform or only on XOS. These switches operate surely on layer 2
mode.
Re: Rate-limit Ingress & Egress [ In reply to ]
Hello Jake,

Here is from my lab testing sometime ago, I believe its on EW 7.7:

!-- Topology
[Tester Port 1/2] --- [1] Summit400 [2] --- [Tester Port 1/3]
10.0.0.1/30 10.0.0.2/30
350Mbps of traffic --->
(One directional)

- The above is consistently pumping throughout the test

Link Utilization Averages Thu Dec 16 21:41:46
2010
Port Link Link Receive Peak Rx Transmit Peak
Transmit
Status Speed % bandwidth % bandwidth % bandwidth % bandwidth
1 A 1000 35.25 35.27 0.00 0.00
2 A 1000 0.00 0.00 35.27 35.27

<-- After I configured the followings:
# create access-mask port-based-am ports
# create rate-limit ingress-100m-port-1 port-based-am port 1 permit limit
100 exceed-action drop

<-- Instantly
Link Utilization Averages Thu Dec 16 21:52:06
2010
Port Link Link Receive Peak Rx Transmit Peak
Transmit
Status Speed % bandwidth % bandwidth % bandwidth % bandwidth
1 A 1000 35.27 35.27 0.00 0.00
2 A 1000 0.00 0.00 11.68 35.27

The above is based on Ingress policer on port 1:
* Summit400-48t:27 # show rate-limit ingress-100m-port-1
Rate-Limit "ingress-100m-port-1"
Access-mask: "port-based-am"
MAC:
IP/mask:L4port: dest-ip=none/--:---- source-ip=none/--:----
Layer 2:
Layer 3/4:
Egress Port:
Ingress Ports: 1
In Profile: permit
Rate Limit: 100 Mbps
Out Profile: drop

I havent gotten the chance to try egress.
You can also refer to command reference on 'create rate-limit' which is only
available in "e" series
Do note:
Summit 400 => "e" series
BD6808, Summit 5i => "i" series