Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone (operator) in this list who has experience
running a metro carrier ethernet deploying purely extreme switches
running MPLS and providing L2MPLS vpn services to its customers?
Appreciate the feedback in its performance, stability, flexibility,
scalability and interop issues.

Regards,
Samit
Re: MPLS on extreme carrier Ethernet switches [ In reply to ]
No one :(

Regards,
Samit

Re: MPLS on extreme carrier Ethernet switches [ In reply to ]

Re: MPLS on extreme carrier Ethernet switches [ In reply to ]
Well I was told by Extreme that some operators at Mexico and North
America has a big Mpls deployment with BD 20K. Lots of googling has also
not provided any information on any deployments by carriers and service
providers.

However in terms of price and specs and features the 20k and the new
x480 looks impressive and L3 mpls vpn support is also in the roadmap.

Buying a equipment and doing a Lab would be tough for us for a small
scale deployment.

Re: MPLS on extreme carrier Ethernet switches [ In reply to ]
Appreciate it Samit, Thanks.