Mailing List Archive

stpd issue between EW and XOS
hello,

today I had a loop between devices, when switching one link from Alpine
do SummitX650.

All vlans are in stpd s0 domain, ports are stpd enabled but there was a
loop that I have no idea what was the reason..

The only difference is in "auto-bind" i.e.:

Alpine3808-GZE:1 # show vlan koalicja
VLAN Interface[32-21f] with name "koalicja" created by user
Tagging: 802.1Q Tag 401
STPD: s0(Enabled,Auto-bind)
Protocol: Match all unfiltered protocols.
Loopback: Disable
RateShape: Disable
QosProfile:QP1
QosIngress:None
Ports: 14. (Number of active ports=10)

Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.3 # show vlan "koalicja"
VLAN Interface with name koalicja created by user
Admin State: Enabled Tagging: 802.1Q Tag 401
Virtual router: VR-Default
IPv6: None
STPD: s0(Enabled)
Protocol: Match all unfiltered protocols
Loopback: Disabled
NetLogin: Disabled
QosProfile: None configured
Egress Rate Limit Designated Port: None configured
Flood Rate Limit QosProfile: None configured
Ports: 28. (Number of active ports=16)

on x650 there is no auto-bind - what will that cause ?
How can I make all vlans in stpd s0 auto-bind mode ?

vlan default on x650 is in auto-bind mode...

Regard,
Marcin
Re: stpd issue between EW and XOS [ In reply to ]
Try this.

To automatically bind ports to an STPD when the ports are added to a
VLAN, use the following

command:

enable stpd <stpd_name> auto-bind vlan <vlan_name>

The autobind feature is disabled on user-created STPDs. The autobind
feature is enabled on the default

VLAN that participates in the default STPD S0.
Re: stpd issue between EW and XOS [ In reply to ]
Marcelo Fortes Della Rovere wrote:
> Try this.
>
> To automatically bind ports to an STPD when the ports are added to a
> VLAN, use the following
>
> command:
>
> enable stpd <stpd_name> auto-bind vlan <vlan_name>
>
> The autobind feature is disabled on user-created STPDs. The autobind
> feature is enabled on the default
>
> VLAN that participates in the default STPD S0.

I did that, thanks.

However, in extreme ware that was automatic..

Regards,
Marcin

Re: stpd issue between EW and XOS [ In reply to ]
This should not create a loop if STP is enable on 1 swtich, this swith
should detect the loop.

Verify the STP mode of the port (1d, emistp or pvst+) with show stp port
<x>.

Fabian.