Is there any possibility to read RX signal level from command line ?

Regards,
Marcin
Re: CWDM SFP codes [ In reply to ]
Larry Stites wrote:
> The issue of counterfeit comes up for me whenever dealing with a company in
> China who makes small computer/network components... Through experiences
> described by my colleagues at united network equipment dealers association I
> tend to stay away from gear manufactured in China.

well, I think that 90% of electronics is manufactured in China..

> However I have had success buying and selling CISCO, METHOSE and AGILSTAR
> labeled DWDM-xx.xx- XENPAK, CWDM-xxxx-NM and other optics. I do not know
> manufacture origin of these optics but receive up to a year warranty on each
> and have had minimal problems with full functionality. I currently have a
> client who uses various frequencies of DWDM-XX.XX-XENPAK and am seeking a
> source for supply. Buy price per unit $500-$1500/ea.

try to contact michelle@tenopto.com
maybe they will help you

> Extreme Gigabit Ethernet SFP, 1000Base-SX.
> Part Number: 10051
>
> Extreme Gigabit Ethernet SFP, 1000Base-LX.
> Part Number: 10052
>
> Extreme Gigabit Ethernet SFP, 1000Base-ZX.
> Part Number: 10053

these part numbers are rather order part numer than real part number
written in eeprom of SFP.

Whatever, is there any method to read RX signal level from original
module with DDM ?

Regards,
Marcin

Re: CWDM SFP codes / Hacking Extreme SFP ;-) [ In reply to ]
Ok, next update ;-)

The code doesn't matter.

I have read eeprom from Extreme SX and put it into some CISCO LX.
It had been recognized as Extrem SX.

Then I tried several variations of serial number, product code, vendor
name... they doesn't have any meaning.

Once I have changed display method of eeprom content from HEX to ASCII,
I could see a word Extreme that I couldn't edit..
Probably there is also a code that sais SX/LX/ZX/CWDM etc..

So, only a full content of eeprom memory would help me...

Regards,
Marcin
Re: CWDM SFP codes / Hacking Extreme SFP ;-) [ In reply to ]
hello,

finally, I have a response from Extreme engineer that SFP DDM is not
supported in EW and XOS, is supposed to be added to XOS soon, but it is
not to be expected in EW... ;(

Marcin