search.
Help, Please....
Drew
RE: CIFS Open Files [ In reply to ]
`cifs sessions *` will dump the sessions, as well as the files that are in
use in the session. Also, the lock_dump command should work over rsh if you
execute it like:

rsh filer "priv set advanced; lock_dump -f; priv set"

Hope that helps.

Brian Moyers
Sr. Software Engineer, Infrastructure
BEA Systems
(415) 402-7416
bmoyers@bea.com

Re: CIFS Open Files [ In reply to ]
bmoyers@bea.com (Brian Moyers) writes:

> `cifs sessions *` will dump the sessions, as well as the files that are in
> use in the session. Also, the lock_dump command should work over rsh if you
> execute it like:
>
> rsh filer "priv set advanced; lock_dump -f; priv set"
^^^^^^^^

That last part is not necessary. With ONTAP 6.x "priv" the console/telnet
session and each rsh process has its own privilege level (which starts off
at "admin"). It was only in the bad old rc_toggle_basic days that they were
conflated.

Chris Thompson
Email: cet1@cam.ac.uk
RE: CIFS Open Files [ In reply to ]
Right, sorry about that, the last "priv set" isn't needed. I copy/pasted
that command from a FAQ I wrote for internal use here at my company, and it
was in the context of being logged in over telnet with an interactive
session, where it would be best to set your priv level back down to admin
after using the advanced commands.

Brian