I dont want to use UID because there are over 1 million UIDs

I dont want to create individual qtree because it would be a nightmare
managing over 1 million qtrees

anyone know how i can put a quota on the username directory?

thanks

Greg

--
Greg Wilson System Administrator gwilson@connect.com.au
Re: quotas on directories in a qtree [ In reply to ]
You should be able to do this via /etc/quotas. I am under the impression that
you wish to set this as the default quota for all users in that particular
qtree. Use the * (asterisk) symbol. This specifies that all users are
restricted to the amount of space specified.

Assuming this is /etc/quotas,
#Quota target type disk files thold sdisk sfiles
* user@tree 10M - -

For those that you do not wish to be under this restriction, you would specify
them separately. I am not too certain what happens for users who are
presently above the quota level once you put the quota in place.

If you can please let us all know, it would be appreciated.

-- Clarence.