Mailing List Archive

User quota in NIS /and NFS
We have tree quotas, with user quotas inside of them. CIFS users only see
what they are allocated through their user quotas, however Unix users see
the entire tree quota. The quotas are being enforced and working properly
on Unix hosts. I had heard that in 6.3 this would no longer be an issue,
but when we tested we are getting the same result.
Thanks drew
Re: User quota in NIS /and NFS [ In reply to ]
> We have tree quotas, with user quotas inside of them. CIFS users only see
> what they are allocated through their user quotas, however Unix users see
> the entire tree quota. The quotas are being enforced and working properly
> on Unix hosts. I had heard that in 6.3 this would no longer be an issue,
> but when we tested we are getting the same result.
> Thanks drew

I presume you are NFS mounting the qtree and not the entire volume.
If you mount the entire volume, then you see volume wide information
on the NFS client.

Assuming you are mounting a qtree, then on the NFS client the "df"
command reports the size and usage of the entire qtree and the
"quota" command reports the individual user's usage and quota.
This is analogous to how "df" and "quota" work on local unix
filesystems.

We are running 6.1.3 and I verified that this is how it works.

Steve Losen scl@virginia.edu phone: 434-924-0640

University of Virginia ITC Unix Support