From: Alfred Lim [mailto:alf1650@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 7:41 AM
To: toasters@mathworks.com
Subject: NBU 3.4 report tape drive status down occasionally caused backup to fail

Hi everyone,

Does any one ever encounter this before?
We have 2 tape drives connected to 2 Network Appliance Filer. It goes down
randomly every day and the following error msg is recorded in the application
event log. We are running Veritas Netbackup Data Centre Ver 3.4.1 on Windows
2000 ? But when we "up" the drive in device monitor, the backup completes
successfully.

Does anyone know where to set on the filer or NBU to prevent the drive to go down?
Re: NBU 3.4 report tape drive status down occasionally caused bac kup to fail [ In reply to ]
Our drives were having the same difficulties at one point in time. The cause
of it was dirty tape drives. Whacked in a tape cleaning cassete and it
resolved the issue. Please let us know what the outcome is ... and hope this
helps.

-- Clarence.