Newbury
Berkshire
RG14 2QB
RE: CIFS access slow [ In reply to ]
Simon,
Did you change anything on your network recently? Are you doing auto
negotiation on the Ethernet ports on the Netapp? If so, force them and the
switch port to 100Mbit full duplex (unless you are using Gigabit Ethernet
which you will leave as Auto negotiate). Run "ifstat -a" on the Netapp and
see if you have excessive errors/collisions on a interface. Run tracert from
the machines having slow access to the Netapp and see if they are going
through any unusual hops.
Mike