Hello

ontap 6.1.3R1

as there can only obe ne login session by
root via console to the filer ....

is there a way to terminate the connection
remotely ...?

thanks,
farid
RE: terminating the console telnet connection [ In reply to ]
Yes there is:

logout telnet

- Rick -

RE: terminating the console telnet connection [ In reply to ]
Sorry, I made a mistake.

The logout telnet command is available in ONTAP 6.2 or later.

I apologize for the mis-information.

- Rick -

RE: terminating the console telnet connection [ In reply to ]
right. in 6.1 you can set
option autologout.telnet.timeout 1

Re: terminating the console telnet connection [ In reply to ]
gregory.touretsky@intel.com writes:

> right. in 6.1 you can set
> option autologout.telnet.timeout 1

You will need to set "options autologout.telnet.enable on" as well,
unless that's your default setting.

But I am not sure that this will actually work for a stuck telnet
session: I seem to recall reading somewhere that a changed value for
the timeout only takes effect when the telnet session actually does
something.

Chris Thompson
Email: cet1@cam.ac.uk