Mailing List Archive

dump timeout
Hi,

We are running multitape dump to a locally attached ATL L200 library
with SDLT drive. Once dump has written to the end of the, the tape
gets unload, the new tape gets loaded and the dump continues. A small
percentage of our tapes for some reason take longer than others to get
loaded into the drive. But it looks like dump has hardcoded timeout,
or hardcoded number of tries, after which it thinks the next tape
failed to load, and backup aborts. From the common sense viewpoint,
dump should ( at least optionally ) wait/keep trying indefinitely for
the next tape to load, so that an admin doesn't lose time in this
case, and in case where not enough tapes were loaded in the library to
begin with.

Does anyone know of a solution for this issue?

Thanks

Igor