Mailing List Archive

Sybase Backup server and filer
We are testing how to backup our Sybase db (dump) on a NFS mounted partition
(with a filer). We simulate an NFS problem (by disconnecting the network link)
during the backup, so the Backup Server falls in sleep state, the transaction
log continues to increase and then Sybase tries to backup it, whereas the
Backup Server is still sleeping. During the test, Sybase doesn't detect that
the NFS server was not responding. How can I configure (is it possible) my
Sybase to detect the problem and tell the backup server to stop instead of
falling in sleeping mode ? How can I configure my Sybase server to backup my
log transaction in another place (locally) in this case ?

Is there an other strategy to backup our database on a filer ?

We are running on Solaris 2.6, ASE 11.9.2, F840

Thanks

Bruno