finish. I assume this is because most of them see pretty high I/O and the
netapp puts that I/O in higher order than the disk scrub. The disk scrub
can be though of as a parity check correct?
Re: is it bad that disk scrubs don't finish [ In reply to ]
On 2002-10-06 (21:48, -0400), Daniel Finn <DFinn@studentadvantage.com> wrote:

> More often than not the disk scrubbing on the netapps that I have don't
> finish. I assume this is because most of them see pretty high I/O and the
> netapp puts that I/O in higher order than the disk scrub. The disk scrub
> can be though of as a parity check correct?

Disk scrub is meant to find data/physical errors on disks and will be
started regulary - here on sunday nights. You can run the disk scrub
manualy if you want to and think that your filer isn't to busy for it -
e.g. during the night via 'disk scrub start'.

Warnings and errors will be mailed via autosupport and written to
/etc/messages. Take a look into the logfiles to get further informations
about reasons why it stops. However, you can set the priority of the disk
scrub via 'options raid.scrub.*' - read the documentation for more
informations about it.

raid.scrub.duration 0
raid.scrub.enable on
raid.scrub.perf_impact low (value might be overwritten in takeover)

Greetings,

--
Stefan Funke | Arcor Online GmbH
Betriebs- und Systemadministration | Stresemannallee 30