Mailing List Archive

NAC on "Using the Linux® NFS Client with Network Appliance?"
I don't recall seeing this mentioned on the toasters list. Netapp has a new
(12 Aug 2002) white paper on Linux NFS client tuning, done by Chuck Lever.

http://www.netapp.com/tech_library/3183.html

I think you can get to this paper without NOW access.

The paper is self-described as:

This report provides advice for getting the best from your Linux NFS clients
in an environment that includes Network Appliance filers. You'll learn what
level of performance to expect from your Linux systems. You'll learn how to
tune your Linux clients and diagnose performance and reliability
problems. We'll recommend software levels and hardware combinations that are
known to work well. Finally, you'll learn where to look for more information
when faced with problems that are difficult to diagnose.

Good stuff. two thumbs way up. This paper should perhaps be read while using
an internal voice with a Scottish burr.

--
Quentin Fennessy Quentin.Fennessy@amd.com
Office: 512.602.3873