Mailing List Archive

testdc brings up old IPs
Hello everyone,
I've got a strange one here... I've got users in another domain that
are trying to reach my F760 (6.2R2) and they are rarely ever to get in. I
used the cifs testdc command to troubleshoot the problem and found something
that is pretty strange. The command finds the domain controllers and is
unable to connect to them, upon closer inspection, I realized that those
were the old IPs for those servers. I've checked WINS, DNS, and the local
hosts file and can find no entries for those old IP addresses. Is there
another place I should be looking?

BM__MailAutoSig___________________________________________________________

SIEMENS Power Transmission and Distribution

Information
Technology

Josh J. Gifford MCP

Network Systems Administrator 7000 Siemens Rd

Wendell, NC 27591

Office 919.365.2806

Fax 919.365.1080

<mailto:josh.gifford@ptd.siemens.com> josh.gifford@ptd.siemens.com

RE: testdc brings up old IPs [ In reply to ]
Josh,

Try running "cifs prefdc print" which will print out the list of IPs for preferred domain controllers that may have been manually specified.

Craig Slack
Leader, NT Services
PMC-Sierra Inc., Computer Services Dept.
(604) 415-6813