Mailing List Archive

2 part tape question
Part the First:

I have a Vixel switch that is attached to the library via fiber. The
filers plug into the Vixel and each filer sees all 6 drives, but not
each other. I can assign all 6 drives to a single filer but I can't
assign them to any of the others. I know this sounds like SSO but it's
really much simpler. All I want is to use a robotic drive number for 2
different filers. I'm not looking for NBU to figure out anything or
manage connections.
The goal is to stagger schedules and allow each filer to use all 6
drives when it's their turn.

Part the Second:

Has anyone done a multi-tape snapmirror using robotics? Currently I
have to unmount the media and mount a new media for snapmirror to
finish. I would like to snapmirror a 400gb volume to tape (it would use
about 7 tapes) without having to do a manual unload/load at the end of
each tape.

Thanks.
--
Jeff Kennedy