drives ("sysconfig -t" or "storage show tape" say "No tapes found.") but
it can see the FC bridge.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there any workaround, apart from buying
a switch or rebooting the filer every time the library is power cycled?

- Bruce

--
Bruce Arden arden@nortelnetworks.com barden2@csc.com
CSC, Nortel, London Rd, Harlow, England +44 1279 40 2877
Re: FC/AL connection to tape library. [ In reply to ]
Thanks Pramod,

The online/offline worked fine.

I hadn't tried this before because it didn't appear to work when I first
installed the library.

- Bruce

Re: FC/AL connection to tape library. [ In reply to ]
You should run sysconfig and make sure of which slot the FC card that
is attached to the library is in.

Then, go into advanced user mode: rc_toggle_basic
and use the fcadmin tool to refresh the card.

For example, if the card is in slot 4, you
could do the following:

stimpy>rc_toggle_basic
stimpy*>fcadmin online 4

This would re-init the card and look for devices attached to it again.
You can do this without rebooting the filer or interrupting service
to clients as long as the only thing plugged into the card is the
connection to the tape drive.

Hope this helps!

-Marc