Mailing List Archive

CIFS access from W98 for OnTap 6.1.3R2
We recently upgraded from OnTap 6.1.2 to 6.1.3R2 in order to solve
an authentication issue for Windows XP clients accessing shares
using Active Directory credentials. The upgrade did indeed solve the
problem but we now find we are left with a problem with access
from Windows 98 clients, which worked prior to the upgrade.

Any of you folks discovered this yet and if so, do you have a
solution? The gist of the error message on the client is
something like :-

'The password is invalid for \\blah .., error 86'

--
Paul Jones, Head of Systems, Information Technology Service,
University of Durham, South Road, Durham DH1 3LE