experience implementing BMC Patrol with the filers?

Thanks

-Mark
RE: Netapp BMC Patrol [ In reply to ]
That about says it all...

-----Original Message-----
From: markallen [mailto:markallen@micron.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 8:57 AM
To: toasters@mathworks.com
Subject: Netapp BMC Patrol

I've been evaluating BMC Patrol KM for Network Appliance and I don't see a
huge advantage in purchasing this product to monitor our filers. I found
that its just a fancy tool that plugs into the MIBs Data Ontap already has.
The agent isn't actually installed on the filer. You have to install the KM
on a UNIX or NT host and monitor the filer from the UNIX or NT box. I've
been able to send SNMP traps directly from the filer to our main Patrol
server. I'm able to have it notify me when I have a failed disk, failed fan,
and a failed CPU. Am I missing something here? Has anyone else had a good

RE: Netapp BMC Patrol [ In reply to ]
Has anyone ever had a good experience implementing Patrol with anything?

--
-Mark ... an Englishman in Delft ...
RE: Netapp BMC Patrol [ In reply to ]
Do you want us to tell you the truth? Seriously, BMC is a collection of
programs that they 'acquired' and plugged in together. In my opinion, it's
very poor quality for what you pay for.