Note that FlashPool and FabricPool use the same underlying tiering metadata structures, so you can only have one or the other enabled on any given aggregate.

Thanks,
Michael

?On 10/16/23, 8:03 AM, "Toasters on behalf of Florian Schmid via Toasters" <toasters-bounces@teaparty.net <mailto:toasters-bounces@teaparty.net> on behalf of toasters@teaparty.net <mailto:toasters@teaparty.net>> wrote:

Hi Alexander,

this is a very good tip! Tank you very much.
I will have a look on this.

Best regards,
Florian

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
Von: "Alexander Griesser" <AGriesser@anexia.com>
An: "Florian Schmid" <fschmid@ubimet.com>, "toasters" <toasters@teaparty.net>
Gesendet: Montag, 16. Oktober 2023 12:07:53
Betreff: AW: Question about flash pool maximum SSD size and local tiering

Hi Florian,

I cannot answer the question with the SSD sizes, I'm not sure if this is really a hard requirement or if the slices just may not be bigger than 3.8TB (in that case, you could probably manually partition the SSDs), maybe someone else has more insights into this.

As for your second question: You can spin up OnTap's integrated S3 server on your old boxes and use them as fabric pool targets:
https://www.netapp.com/media/17219-tr4814.pdf

Best,

Alexander Griesser
Head of Systems Operations

ANEXIA Internetdienstleistungs GmbH

E-Mail: AGriesser@anexia.com
Web: https://www.anexia.com

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstraße 140, 9020 Klagenfurt
Geschäftsführer: Alexander Windbichler