Mailing List Archive

Multiple SRA (OTV) / SRM instances per vSphere
Following a change which took place to upgrade NetApp OTV to 9.12, we experienced issues with our "many to one" SRM setup which is in place for various migrations.
Effectively it will now only run in a "one to one" setup.

This worked before. But now it seems that only the last OTV you register will work, overwriting the previous one. (We need to upgrade OTV to 9.12 in order to support bringing our clusters ONTAP versions to 9.12 so there is no option to rollback).

NetApp support have directed us to this KB: Storage Replication Adapter: How to configure SRA in a SRM Shared Recovery Site - NetApp Knowledge Base<https://kb.netapp.com/mgmt/OTV/SRA/Storage_Replication_Adapter%3A_How_to_configure_SRA_in_a_SRM_Shared_Recovery_Site>
Which suggests that to support this configuration the 2nd OTV needs to be run in VCF mode.
However, in the guide for configuring VCF: VMware Cloud Foundation mode of deployment for ONTAP tools (netapp.com)<https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-tools-vmware-vsphere/deploy/vmware_cloud_foundation_mode_deployment.html>
It states: "You can only work with vVols datastores in the VCF deployment mode."
We are using NFS datastores, not vVols.

Does anyone have experience of this set up? Will it work as they have suggested? Or is there another way to register multiple OTV's to the one VC?

TIA
Chris.
This email is being sent by a subsidiary of the Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. global group of companies. For details of the registered office, company number and, where applicable, regulated status of our subsidiaries, please visit https://www.ajg.com/uk/legal-and-regulatory-information. Your account executive will make clear at the beginning of the relationship which entity is providing services to you, or please refer to your Terms of Business Agreement.

For information on how we use your personal data and how you may exercise your rights in respect of that information, please refer to our Privacy Notice https://www.ajg.com/uk/privacy-policy/. If you are providing us with personal data of another individual, you must tell them you are providing this to us and show them a copy of this notice. Please contact me if you do not want to receive direct marketing information from us.

This e-mail and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, please telephone or e-mail us immediately, delete this message and do not copy, distribute or use the information in this message or any attachments.