Mailing List Archive

Find Chassis PSU Part Number
Hey there,

on one of my lab systems, a chassis PSU broke (no maintenance anymore).
I'm trying to find out what part number I need to replace here, but didn't have any luck so far.

::> system controller fru show-manufacturing-info -instance
Node: XXX
System Serial Number: XXX
Model Name: FAS8020
System ID: XXX
Kernel Version: NetApp Release 9.1P12: Mon Mar 5 05:01:09 PST 2018
Firmware Release: 9.5
FRU Description: PSU2
FRU Sub-type: -
FRU Serial Number: 1350ABA-1349-XXXX
FRU Part Number: 114-00040
FRU Revision of Part Number: +A5
FRU Manufacturer: -
FRU Manufacturing Date: -
FRU Product Identifier: -

When I use part finder, it lists three different compatible models, as it seems:

SP-763-R5
SP-763-R6
X763-R6

And I'm not sure which one is the right one here or is any 1300W PSU working in this situation?

Thanks,

Alexander Griesser
Head of Systems Operations

ANEXIA Internetdienstleistungs GmbH

E-Mail: AGriesser@anexia-it.com<mailto:AGriesser@anexia-it.com>
Web: http://www.anexia-it.com<http://www.anexia-it.com/>

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstra?e 140, 9020 Klagenfurt
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Alexander Windbichler
Firmenbuch: FN 289918a | Gerichtsstand: Klagenfurt | UID-Nummer: AT U63216601
RE: Find Chassis PSU Part Number [ In reply to ]
Hi Alex,

Any of those parts numbers will work. The X number is the option number, the SP numbers are Spare Part numbers and the -R5 and -R6 indicate ROHS compliance.

Something in the back of my brain tells me that the 5 and 6 indicate different levels of compliance but the Hardware Universe currently only lists the R6 part number as a FRU.

Regards

Duncan Cummings
National Support Engineer
Interactive Pty Ltd
Telephone +61 7 3323 0800
Facsimile +61 7 3323 0899
Mobile +61 403 383 050
www.interactive.com.au
-------Confidentiality & Legal Privilege-------------
"This email is intended for the named recipient only. The information contained in this message may be confidential, or commercially sensitive. If you are not the intended recipient you must not reproduce or distribute any part of the email, disclose its contents to any other party, or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately. Please delete this message from your computer. Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you." [v3-16102018]
[...]

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstraße 140, 9020 Klagenfurt
Geschäftsführer: Alexander Windbichler
Firmenbuch: FN 289918a | Gerichtsstand: Klagenfurt | UID-Nummer: AT U63216601

Click here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/EsvgVr6yPnDGX2PQPOmvUnrTbM1VraGD_kpPzdPEwWIZmO9wcLmxmyhtfy7W7Tnk1F1OUm5kLSEbMAc-oOGgZg==> to report this email as spam.
AW: Find Chassis PSU Part Number [ In reply to ]
Great, thanks. I was/am just a little confused since most of the websites I found just mention the FAS62X0 as compatible storage with this part number.
Some oft hem also show a different revision number (mine seems to be +A5, most oft he ones I can find online are +A3).
Am I right to assume that the different FRU revision is also irrelevant?

Best,

Alexander Griesser
Head of Systems Operations

ANEXIA Internetdienstleistungs GmbH

E-Mail: AGriesser@anexia-it.com<mailto:AGriesser@anexia-it.com>
Web: http://www.anexia-it.com<http://www.anexia-it.com/>

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstraße 140, 9020 Klagenfurt
Any of those parts numbers will work. The X number is the option number, the SP numbers are Spare Part numbers and the -R5 and -R6 indicate ROHS compliance.

Something in the back of my brain tells me that the 5 and 6 indicate different levels of compliance but the Hardware Universe currently only lists the R6 part number as a FRU.

Regards

?

Duncan

Cummings

National Support Engineer

Interactive Pty Ltd

Telephone +61 7 3323 0800<tel:+61733230810>

Facsimile +61 7 3323 0899<fax:+61%207%203323%200899>

Mobile +61 403 383 050<tel:+61%20403%20383%20050>

www.interactive.com.au<http://www.interactive.com.au/>